The Science Circle maintains an OpenSim based grid for more then 5 years now. This service is free.
I just updated the GRID/REGION services to the latest OpenSim version. The Science Circle grid runs on OpenSim 0.9.0.0 Release (SIMULATION/0.3 – SIMULATION/0.6).
I am slowly working on restoring all functionality.
Voice, Groups, Profiles, Hypergrid are working and all seem stable. At our grid we have 2 regions, the WelcomeZone, Gaia and SandB0X. If you like to visit the grid follow the instructions below:
- To access the Science Circle grid you need to download a viewer like Singularity. You can get a free copy here. http://www.singularityviewer.org/downloads
- When you have installed the viewer it is time to make an account that gives you access to the grid.
- Use the Wifi interface to make an account, go to http://sciencecircle.org:8002/wifi/user/account/
- After you created your account start-up Singularity, open the grid manager and create a new profile.
- Paste this address into the “Login URI” textbox: URI: http://sciencecircle.org:8002/
- Then click “Refresh Grid URLS”, then “apply” and press “OK” to close the dialog box.
- Enter your username, password and select the Science Circle grid and login.
- If you want to connect your own region to the grid
- Are in need of help or
- Want information
- You can contact email@example.com
If you want to access the grid from other grids/regions use these value’s;